August 03, 2011

Recipe: Straight from the Garden Blueberry Zucchini Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling

 For this dessert I actually combined three different recipes; zucchini bread, blueberry muffins and cream cheese filling used in pumpkin rolls.

 I used 4 cups of blueberries I bought Monday at the blueberry farm and 2 small zucchinis that were ripe in my garden.  (I have TONS more blueberries and zucchini I still need to find recipes for this week).


Cream Cheese Filling

Combine in a mixer
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
Mix until smooth and set aside


Cream Cheese Filling
  For the Muffins:
In a bowl combine and mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 3 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups sugar
Then gentle stir in 2 cups shredded zucchini

In another bowl mix:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Stir into zucchini mixture and then gently fold in 2 cups of blueberries.  Spoon a little bit of mixture into baking cups.  Make sure to leave enough room for cream cheese and another layer of zucchini dough.  Spoon into the center of each cup 1 tsp. cream cheese.  Then top with more zucchini dough.  Bake on 350 degrees for about 20 mins.  Let cool and enjoy.


Spoon in cream cheese mixture


They are looking tasty already


Fresh from the oven


 These muffins were very tasty.  Any food with cream cheese is a winner in my book.  I had enough cream cheese mixture and fresh produce to make two batches of muffins plus a mini bread loaf as well.  I liked these best served warm.  Top them off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  I'm sending a batch to work tomorrow for the co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...